What is Year PLUS?
Year plus is a preparatory year for foreign students who are enrolled for the first time in an undergraduate or master's study program at the University of Nova Gorica (hereinafter "the University") and have a lack of knowledge of the Slovenian language.
When and when to join the programme?
Students apply to the Year Plus program upon their first enrollment at the University or no later than October 15 of the academic year in which they are first enrolled at the University.
Students receive the application form for inclusion in the Year Plus at the Student Uffice upon enrollment in the year and submit it there within the submission deadline.
Late applications are not accepted by the University.
Students who have already been involved in Year Plus at the University cannot re-enter in it.
Obligations of students included in the Year Plus program
Obligations of students included in the Year Plus program:
- Participation and successfully passed the exam in the course Slovene language for foreigners (6 ECTS).
- Successfully passed the examination obligations of his / her enrolled study program in the amount of at least 24 ECTS.
- Completion of all other missing obligations of the first year of the enrolled study program in the next academic year, when they have extended student status.
Rights of students included in the Year Plus program
Rights of students included in the Year Plus program:
- Free participation and taking the exam in the course Slovene language for foreigners (6 ECTS).
- Re-enrollment in the same year (extension of student status for justifiable reasons) in case of successful completion of all obligations to be performed by a student enrolled in the Year Plus program. Extension of student status for justified reasons is possible on the basis of paragraph 3 of Article 70 of the Higher Education Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia No. 32/12 - officially consolidated text, 40/12 - ZUJF, 57/12 - ZPCP- 2D, 109/12, 85/14, 75/16, 61/17 - ZUPŠ and 65/17), therefore the student can no longer apply for the extension of the student status during the study for justifiable reasons.
- nrollment in a higher year in case of meeting the regular enrollment conditions for enrollment in a higher year.
- Foreign students who pay tuition fees for their studies pay it only at the first enrollment in the year. Tuition fees do not need to be re-paid for re-enrollment in the same year.
Do you want to join Year Plus?
Write us: email@example.com.
Students are welcome to joins us on many activities and events organized by the University.